We are used to thinking of our body as our own, and it can be unpleasant to find out that there are uninvited guests in it. Human worms are one of the most common examples of such uninvited “neighbors”.
Types of worms in humans
Worms, or helminths, are parasitic worms that live at the expense of animals and plants, feed and reproduce inside living organisms. According to statistics, one in three people on Earth is infected with parasitic worms. It is assumed that there is not a single adult who has not had a single worm settled in his body during his lifetime.
Among all parasitic worms that can exist in the human body, there are three main groups:
- Nematodes, which belong to the round helminths: pinworms, trichinellas, ascarids;
- Tapeworms, or flatworms belonging to the cestodes (various types of tethers, lenticels and echinococci);
- Sucker parasites, or trematodes, which cause opisthorchiasis, fascioliasis, schistosomiasis, and other ailments.
If you want to find a reliable remedy for parasites, visit https://svensktapotek.net/kopa-stromectol/.
Causes of worms in humans
The collective name for diseases caused by worms is helminthiasis. It occurs when larvae or eggs of worms enter the human body. This can happen for the following reasons:
- the person does not follow basic rules of hygiene: does not wash his hands after walking on the street, after visiting guests or after the toilet, does not rinse them before eating;
- the cause of worms in a person is often the habit of biting nails, sucking fingers, holding various objects in his mouth: pens, pencils;
- the risk of worms infection is high if there are pets, especially walking on the streets. Even with timely anthelmintic therapy, dogs and cats can spread worm eggs brought from the streets on their paws, fur;
- you can get worms if you don’t treat vegetables, fruits, berries and herbs that you’re going to eat with hot water;
- drinking raw water from an unknown source or washing your food with it is dangerous;
- untreated meat and fish are a chance of becoming infected. If you eat poorly heat-treated beef, you get bovine worms, pork – porcine worms, in low-salted and raw fish there is broad tapeworm;
- you can catch worms in the house if you rarely clean it, wear outdoor shoes, or avoid washing the floor;
- worms can be transmitted from an infected person if you share dishes and bedclothes with him/her, or stay in the same room with him/her for a long time.
Obviously, most of the causes of worms in humans are rooted in the lack of hygiene. Those who take care of themselves, their homes and their pets may never encounter these parasites.
Treatment of worms in humans
The treatment of worms in humans is done by a general practitioner, if the patient is an adult, or a pediatrician, if the patient has worms in a child. Self-treatment in the case of worms is not worth it in any case: the drugs used in the treatment of helminth infections are quite heavy for the body.
Usually in the treatment of worms in humans a complex therapy is used, the purpose of which is not only to destroy parasites, but also to eliminate the consequences of their life. Therefore, one antihelminthic drug alone is unlikely to do. Moreover, you often have to treat all members of the family, because people in a small circle easily infect each other.
Along with medication, it may be prescribed to take vitamins and enzymes to improve digestion. For a more effective treatment of worms, a person will have to follow a diet, limit carbohydrates: sweets, flour. If there are animals in the house, they definitely need to receive anthelmintic therapy twice a year, otherwise all treatment efforts will be in vain. You can buy medication here https://svensktapotek.net/.